For other useful tips, please click on Help/FAQs on the menu above
- What Internet Browser is the best to use for this site?
- What are the minimum requirements for my computer in order to properly access Net Dimensions?
- How do I create an account?
- How much do online courses cost?
- Do I have to receive supervisor approval before registering for an online or classroom course?
- How do I log in?
- How do I return to a course I have already started?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I log out?
- How many courses can I enroll in?
- How long do the courses take?
- Can I resume a course where I left off?
- What happens if I leave MSH before I complete a course?
- Why does the course keep stating, “Loading, please wait,” but doesn’t load?
- My profile page mentions forums and other options. What are these?
- What is the “Dashboard?”
- How do I get back to the front page after browsing courses?
- How do I enroll in an eCornell course?
- Can I enroll in more than one eCornell course?
- Where are my required courses?
1. What Internet Browser is the best to use for this site?
We recommend using Chrome or Firefox to access MSH’s LINGOs Learning Portal.
2. What are the minimum requirements for my computer in order to properly access Net Dimensions?
You can check you system by visiting the minimum requirements page
3. How do I create an account?
You do not need to create an account. An account is created for you within the first 30 days of your employment with MSH. You will need to reset your password, however. Please click on Log-in/Navigation Help along the top menu bar. Follow the instructions on that page for 1st time users in order to get started.
4. How much do online courses cost?
The courses offered through MSH’s LINGOs Learning Portal come at no cost to you or your department. This does not mean that these courses are free, however. MSH’s Talent Development department covers all cost associated with these courses, and the annual membership fee to be part of LINGOs.
5. Do I have to receive supervisor approval before registering for an online or classroom course?
No. You may enroll in courses you deem appropriate to your role at MSH. However, we encourage you to discuss learning and development opportunities with your supervisor and sharing what you learn. It is also important to get credit for the effort you invest by documenting course completions in your Professional Development Plan (PDP).
6. How do I log in?
If you are a new user, go to the Log-in/Navigation Help page (by clicking on the link in the top menu bar). There you will find instruction on how to log in for the first time. If you have already accessed this LINGOs site previously, please click on Log In located on the top, left side of your screen.
7. How do I return to a course I have already started?
In the top, right side of your screen you will see “Hello, (your name)”. Hover over this and you will see a drop down menu. Click on “Manage My Learning” to access your personal learning history, and current courses. You will need to be logged in to access this area.
8. How do I change my password?
If you need to change your password, please use the “Reset Password” link that appears on the Log In screen. Follow the instructions to receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a temporary password. Use this password to log in. Once you are logged in, go to “Hello, (your name)” located in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on “Manage My Learning” in the drop down. You are now on your Personal Learning Profile. In the upper right corner you will see “Welcome, (your name)”. Next to that is the User Profile icon – click on that. Click on Change Password.
9. How do I log out?
In the top, right side of your screen you will see your username. Hover over your username with your mouse and a drop-down menu should appear. One of the options will be to log out. You will remain logged in until you log out.
10. How many courses can I enroll in?
You may register for as many LINGOs courses as you wish. However, although most courses have no cost for you or your department, MSH does have to pay for some courses, so we ask that you finish the courses you elect to take.You may only register for one (1) eCornell course at a time (for more information about eCornell – see below).
11. How long do the courses take?
Each course is different. Most courses are between 30 minutes and 90 minutes. Most have an estimate of the time required to complete it within the description.
12. Can I resume a course where I left off?
The ability to resume a course will vary. Some courses are timed and will only allow you to access once. Be sure to check each course before closing – most of the time they will prompt you to save your progress.
13. What happens if I leave MSH before I complete a course?
Your access to MSH’s LINGOs Learning Portal will be disabled upon termination* from MSH. Please plan to complete any courses before your last day in the office.
*Exception: You may continue with your current eCornell course even after termination. However, you will not be able to enroll for additional courses at a discounted price after your last day.
14. Why does the course keep stating, “Loading, please wait,” but doesn’t load?
There are several reasons a course may not load. First, make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Next, make sure you do not close any of the pop-ups or navigate away from the LINGOs Learning Portal. If the course still does not load, try to use a different web browser. Finally, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Java installed. If you continue to experience difficulty, contact email@example.com.
15. My profile page mentions forums and other options. What are these?
The LINGOs Learning Portal has the capability to have groups and forums. These features are not available at this time. We hope to integrate them with our online courses in the future.
16. What is the “Dashboard?”
The Dashboard is an area where users and administrators can have a quick view at the LINGOs Learning Portal’s content and activity. This area will not be relevant to most learners at this time.
17. How do I get back to the front page after browsing courses?
For now, you can click “Home” on the menu. Most courses will load in a separate window of your browser, so you can go back to the LINGOs Learning Portal by clicking on that tab.
18. How do I enroll in an eCornell course?
Click eCornell in the top menu for instructions on enrolling in an eCornell course.
19. Can I enroll in more than one eCornell course?
Not at this time. eCornell courses are much more time consuming than most other LINGOs courses. They are also not as flexible or self guided as most of the LINGOs courses, and they incur greater cost to MSH. For these reasons, you are only allowed to take one eCornell course at a time. For more information, please visit the eCornell page.
20. Where are my required courses?
At this time, MSH required learning (for example if you are a new employee, or your Code of Business Ethics Certification) are not located on this site. Please go to to http://www.epathcampus.com/ to log in and find your required learning.